One of the great things about crochet is the amount of free crochet patterns available online for crochet blankets, crochet sweaters, crochet hats and more!
Below, we’ll discuss the top 25 free crochet pattern websites and how to find the right pattern for your skill level. We will also offer tips for beginners and discuss some ways to make sure your pattern turns out perfectly.
If you are wondering what are the best free crochet pattern websites, then this is the post for you! Whether you are a seasoned crocheter or just starting out, you are sure to find a site you’ll love below.
How to Find the Right Pattern
Finding the right crochet pattern is an important step in any crochet project. There are a few things to do and consider before picking a pattern to crochet.
The first thing to consider is your skill level. Patterns are usually broken down by skill level with the labels, basic, easy, intermediate, and complex.
If you are a beginner, it is best to start with a simple pattern such as the basic or easy ones that will help you learn the basic stitches and techniques of crochet.
As you gain experience, you can move on to more challenging patterns.
Read Through The Pattern
It is also important to read through the pattern before beginning to crochet, to make sure you understand all the instructions and have the necessary materials on hand.
If you come across a pattern that is too difficult, or you don’t have the right materials, don’t be afraid to modify the pattern to suit your needs. With a bit of planning and creativity, you can find the perfect crochet pattern for your next project.
Tips for Beginners
If you are just starting out with crochet, there are a few tips that can help you get started on the right foot.
First, you will need to gather the basic crochet tools and materials, such as yarn, a crochet hook, scissors, and a tapestry needle. It is also helpful to have a stitch guide and a crochet pattern to follow.
Go Over Basic Crochet Stitches
Once you have your materials, you can start by learning the basic crochet stitches, such as the chain stitch and the single crochet.
As you become more comfortable with the stitches, you can move on to more complex patterns.
Another important tip for beginners is to pay attention to gauge, which is the number of stitches and rows in a specific area of the crochet fabric. You can use a ruler or a special gauge ruler
Maintaining the correct gauge is crucial for ensuring that your project turns out the right size.
Weaving in Ends & Blocking
Finally, be sure to finish your project properly by weaving in any loose ends and blocking the finished piece to give it a polished look with clean edges. You will want a tapestry needle and blocking board if that is required for the pattern you are working on.
With these tips in mind, you will be well on your way to becoming a confident and skilled crocheter, which means it is a good time to start browsing through each of the free pattern websites below!
Enjoy and Happy Crochet Pattern finding!
25 Free Crochet Pattern Websites
While we here at This is Crochet offer free crochet patterns like stitch tutorials and granny squares, we also wanted to highlight a few of our favorite free crochet pattern websites that are a must-visit!
- Easy Crochet: This free crochet pattern website focuses on free easy crochet patterns and tutorials for the beginner. If you are looking to learn how to crochet, this is the easy pattern site for you!
- This is Crochet: Offers free tutorials on crochet squares, granny squares, stitches, and guides on how to crochet!
- Mama in a Stitch: You will love this knit and crochet blog that features patterns for cozy blankets, sweaters, and other items. All patterns are free.
- Ravelry: This is a great website to go to find a massive collection of free crochet patterns from designers all over the world. You can create an account and save your favorites to make later.
- Lion Brand: This yarn brand offers a variety of free patterns that are available as free PDF crochet patterns. Whatever it is you want to crochet, you will more than likely find it here.
- Crochet.com: You’ll love this big collection of free crochet patterns that are all available as PDF patterns. Registration is required to be able to access the free patterns.
- Crochet Crowd: If you are looking for a variety of craft patterns, then this is the site for you! It has crochet patterns, knitting patterns as well as looming patterns, most of which have a YouTube tutorial to accompany it.
- Caab Crochet: This crochet blog has a wide variety of patterns to pick from like coin purses, bags, hats, and blankets!
- Daisy Farm Crafts: If you are looking for a crochet baby projects, then this is the site for you! It has a wide variety of baby blankets, baby sweaters and more.
- Repeat Crafter Me: One of the best things about this site is the quick and creative patterns it has. If you love unique hats, blankets, and squares then check out this crochet website.
- My Hobby is Crochet: This blog has a considerable collection of free patterns and tutorials with detailed stitch explanations and more.
- Hooked on Homemade Happiness: This crochet blog has a giant collection of crochet sweaters, cardigans and more that modern and easy to crochet.
- Han Jan Crochet: The crochet designer for this website does an impressive job with designing modern crochet patterns with easy to follow tutorials.
- Jewels and Jones: Modern, easy and simple crochet patterns are what this blog is filled with! If you love these types of crochet patterns, then this is the blog for you.
- Moogly Blog: This blog is filled with free video patterns, written crochet tutorials and more!
- Exquisite Crochet: This website specializes in Tunisian crochet and offers free crochet patterns for shawls, blankets and more.
- Crochethea: If you love to crochet amigurumi designs, then this free crochet pattern site is for you. There are many cute amigurumi animal designs waiting for you to make.
- Jenny & Teddy: You will love this crochet pattern site if you love crocheting garments. The designer offers shawls, sweaters, cardigans and more for free.
- Divine Debris: C2c crochet and tapestry crochet are the main focuses on this blog about crochet. You’ll also find some great garment patterns and other designs as well!
- Grace and Yarn: This crochet designer specializes in amigurumi designs, but also has a collection of blankets and other free patterns as well.
- Maria’s Blue Crayon: This blog has crochet tips, crochet tutorials as well as patterns to make!
- Make it Crochet: If you love detailed and well explained crochet patterns, then this is the crochet pattern site for you! Kim Guzman does an outstanding job of designing patterns that are not only stunning but easy to understand too.
- Crochet and Stitches: This new site focuses on creating easy crochet stitch tutorials as well as small projects for all levels of crocheters.
- Yarn and Chai: This site created by Rebecca Langford is full of beautiful crochet patterns that are not only easy to make but explained with great detail. If you love unique patterns, then this is the site for you!
- Sewrella: Ashleigh not only creates lovely crochet designs, she also shares knit patterns as well! If you like to dabble in both fiber hobbies, then this is the site you’ll want to take a look at.
There are many wonderful crochet websites out there, so if we missed one, please let us know! I hope you enjoyed looking at these websites, found a favorite, and can start crocheting patterns as soon as possible.